BBQ Beef & Coleslaw Sandwiches

I have never been much of a fan of sloppy joes or beef sandwiches, but after watching Man v Food and seeing all that delicious looking food, I decided to give it a try and make my own.
The verdict: We really liked them! Even miss Abigail. This is a crock pot recipe, and it came out very tender and juicy and took no effort to shred.
And definitely put the coleslaw on the sandwich, not on the side. I was nervous because it sounds a bit weird, but it was really good!
BBQ Beef
1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 lbs)
1/4 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. dijon mustard
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. liquid smoke
1/8 t. black pepper
Kaiser rolls (or any roll you like, but make sure it's a hearty bread. Regular hamburger buns will get soggy and fall apart)

I used mom's coleslaw recipe, but without the celery seed, a little less sugar, and a little extra sauce for tangyness.

Place beef in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well, then pour over meat. Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours. Shred beef with 2 forks, still in the crock pot.

Toast the buns in a buttered pan, and load with shredded beef and coleslaw.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Shawarma and Vegetarian Option

Grapefruit Tiramisu

Garlic Yogurt with Eggs and chile butter