Pork Chops over Rice

Josh called me from work and asked if I could bring him some lunch and said he really felt like rice with pork. Just so happened I had one pork chop in the freezer. So I found this recipe and it was really delicious; he loved it! Also it was very quick to make!

Pork Chops over Rice
INGREDIENTS
4 boneless pork chops (this all worked fine with just the One pork chop I had)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; remove. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients to skillet. Place pork chops over the rice mixture.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois