Easy Shepherd's Pie



1 lb. ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy

PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.

DRAIN meat. Return to skillet; stir in vegetables and gravy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; cover with potatoes and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.

Many of you know Jon and I are picky eaters. This is one recipe we came across in the Krafts Food magazine when we were searching for meals we'd both like. I have never had Shepherd's Pie before, but I liked it. I especially like that it is pretty quick and easy. It tastes good as leftovers too.
We haven't mixed the cheese into the potatoes because we didn't really feel like it or added garlic just because we didn't have any, but I'm sure it'd still taste good.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you found something you both like! This is one thing Jeff hates. It looks like an easy, inexpensive meal for a family. I don't think I've ever had one myself, maybe, I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm...I like Shepherd's pie...atleast the one I have tried!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois