Mac & Cheese


This is supposed to be a copy of the Boston Market version, though I have never eaten there before so I don't know. I am not a huge fan of mac and cheese, but I actually enjoyed this for an 'every once in a while' quick CHEAP meal. It's very easy!

Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese

6 oz. dry macaroni (I like to use egg noodles, or penne)
1/2 stick butter
1/4 C. flour
1/4 tsp. dry mustard (I don't think this makes a difference)
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
2 C. Milk
1 T. minced onion
1 C. or 1/4 lb. American cheese

Cook pasta according to instructions, drain and set aside.
To make cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan, add onion and flour. Allow this to thicken, then slowly add the milk, then add the cheese.
Add salt, pepper, and dry mustard. When sauce has thickened, add pasta. Lightly butter a casserole dish, and add pasta mixture to casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. (though I don't do this step because I don't like baked mac and cheese)

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois