Mango-Avocado Salsa


Okay, so maybe this sounds weird, it did to me at least, but I'm telling you, this is soooo good. Give this one a try during the summer when produce is a bit cheaper than winter.

1 26-oz jar sliced mango, drained and diced (find this usually around fresh produce section)
7 green onions, sliced
2 large avocado, peeled & diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalepeno pepper, minced (this gives it a nice kick, if you want more of a kick leave in the seeds, if you want less, leave it out all together)
2 T chopped Fresh cilantro(must be fresh)
3 T lime juice (or juice from 1/2 - 1 fresh lime)
2 T honey (start with a bit less, and add more if needed)
1/4 tsp salt

Combine, chill & enjoy! You can eat it with chips, serve it over fish, endless possibilities.

Comments

  1. mmmmm, this sounds sooooo good!!!! In SLC there is a place called Rumby's Hawaiian Grill that has a mango salsa and I love it! I am excited you posted this! I wish it wasn't Sunday so I could go buy the stuff and make it now! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at this blog for awhile, and I see I am behind in posting a recipe. Guess I'll work on that. Any requests?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me and my dislike for hot & spicy, so I'll be making this without the jalapeno pepper, but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, what about something good for a hot day?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois