Ice Cream in a Bag


This is a response to Danielle's request. I've tried it out and thought it turned out better than I expected.

2 T sugar
1 C half and half (I used cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C salt (the bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best)
Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
1 or 2 pint-size ziplock bag(s)
1 gallon-size ziplock bag
Mix-ins (optional)

Step 1
Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly. (I would put this in another bag to ensure no salt gets into it.)

Step 2
Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it is done. (I think using cream made it take less time; we just threw it around, kneaded it, shook it...it might get tiring)

Step 3
Take the smaller bag out of the larger one. Add any mix-ins (which I recommend) such as M&Ms, berries, nuts....and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy clean up. Serves 1.

Okay, so this is easy, would be easy to do with kids. Rees helped me and we shared a bag. I want to try it again, but in a different container. I'm thinking of putting the small plastic bag in some kind of can so that I could roll the ice cream to Rees and he back to me. I think Rees would find this more fun.

Comments

  1. Thank you kindly my lady!! I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois