Stuffed Burgers


You may be surprised to see Allison is posting a burger recipe, but I am. A friend recently wanted to make this with us so we gave it a try and I think my meat-eater family would enjoy this.


Ingredients:

2 lbs of lean ground beef or turkey (we used turkey and I was very nervous about it, but got to tell you, it was good and I'm told it is healthier than ground beef)

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided

1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Hawaiian salt, divided

1 large onion, diced

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, swiss, or pepper jack) (we used swiss and it was very good)

4 ounces cream cheese, room temp

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

Lettuce

Onion, thinly sliced

Beefsteak tomatoes

6 buns or bread rolls



Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, pepper, salt, onions, and Worcestershire sauce. Form 12 patties about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside. (So our burgers were huge, so if I were to make them again, I would make sure the patties were smaller, and make sure they are thin because you are going to put 2 together to form one burger. I think you can make more than 6 burgers out of this recipe)



In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in cheese and mustard.



Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on the middle of 6 meat patties. Place remaining meat patties on top and press edges together to seal in cheese mixture.



Place hamburgers on grill about 15 minutes per side, turn once. Remove from grill and place on buns. Top with lettuce, onions and tomatoes.


Serves 6.

So I wasn't the one to make these and our friend emailed me the recipe. I just noticed it says divide the pepper and salt, but I'm not sure why, so I think you'll have to guess on that part.

Comments

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois