Sweet Pork


4-8 lbs pork roast
40 oz tomato sauce
3 tsp pressed garlic cloves
1 1/2 to 3 cups brown sugar
4 tsp cumin
4 cups Dr Pepper
2 to 4 T. molasses
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Place all ingredients (except pork) into LARGE crockpot. Stir. Place pork into crockpot, turn over so it is covered in the sauce. I turned my roasts every hour, so one side wasn't out of the sauce all day. Cook on low for about 8-9 hours. Pull apart with fork when done cooking, letting the meat sit in the sauce.

I used about 6-7 pounds of pork roast (the ones you can buy at Costco for $2/pound) and 3 cups of the brown sugar (I wanted it sweet!). I used caffeine free Dr. Pepper, too. Mmm, mmmm, so yummy! Be warned, this makes A LOT. Perfect for a large crowd, or freezer the leftover for later meals.

Serve this any way you want, we did it with tortillas and hamburger buns (will post my recipe).

Comments

  1. Mom just made this for us while we were visiting and it was SO GOOD! Very Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois