Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas

Super yummy recipe! I didn't have any cumin or cilantro though so I skipped out on those. And since I didn't have any green onion in the house, I substituted with white onion. But I still loved it!



2/3 cup Pace Picante Sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Fresh cilantro leaves

1. Stir the picante sauce, cumin, oregano, chicken, cheese and onions in a medium bowl.

2. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold the opposite sides over the filling. Roll the tortillas up from the bottom and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the tortilla rolls with butter.

3. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until they're golden brown. Serve with additional picante sauce. Garnish with cilantro.

Calories per serving: 341

I also got this recipe from www.campbellskitchen.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois