Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I'm not a huge banana bread fan, but if I'm going to eat it, it has to have chocolate chips.  And lately Rees & I are really into making muffins, so I made banana bread, but in muffin form.  Also, I have tons of baby food.  So I decided to make the bread using baby food bananas, and it worked out great.  If you ever have too many jars of baby food, you can use those here.  Lastly, I used some wheat flour, and Jeff said he couldn't tell the difference from the last time I made these with all white flour.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
3 mashed bananas or 2 (4oz) jars of baby food bananas (I hear the blacker your banana, the better)
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips


Either grease muffin tin or use paper liners for 12 muffins.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar together.  Add egg and beat well.  Add mashed bananas.

Mix flour, salt and soda together in a small bowl. (I admit, I don't, I just add it directly to creamed butter/sugar mixture)  Add to the banana sugar mixture from above and beat until smooth.

Add chocolate chips and mix.

Spoon batter into the 12 muffin cups.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.  :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois