Lemon-Lime Risotto

This is not my photo, I don't know where I got it, but as soon as I can get a photo during the day I'll replace it. Anyways...

We each liked this risotto recipe a lot. Very yummy. I didn't think I was much of a risotto fan, however I have learned that it just takes some getting used to when you're used to rice. Different texture for sure. But it can be very yummy.

Lemon-Lime Risotto

6 cups chicken broth
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp grated lime rind
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large sauce pan.
Saute onion in hot oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice, and cook stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add 1/2 cup hot broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat procedure with remaining hot broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. (Cooking time 20-30 minutes).

Remove from heat and stir in butter and parmesan. I garnished with parsley as well.

(I didn't have a lemon or lime, so there was no rind added, but it was still yummy. I look forward to trying it with the rinds)

Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. Oh that looks good, we love risotto. I'm sure we don't make it the best, but we like even our mediocre risotto. Glad you are learning to like it.

    I feel bad, I haven't posted forever. Sadly, I haven't made anything new and super yummy for a long time, hence the lack of posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois