Chicken Parmesan Wraps


I was pleased to come across this recipe not long ago that allowed me to use left over wanton wrappers I had on hand from another new recipe I had recently tried. I didn't have spinach on hand, so I used some left over nappa cabbage instead. This seems like a dish that I imagine you could include anything you feel like or have in hand. It was a simple dish and we all enjoyed it.

I found this recipe on: www.canyoustayfordinner.com, here is the direct link with step by step pictures.

8 oz chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
1 cup marinara sauce, plus extra for serving (sites suggested recipe found here.)
6 egg roll wrappers (each 7 inches squared)
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Mix the meat with the marinara sauce in a small bowl.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. Layer each with a few leaves of spinach, then chicken, followed by mozzarella and parmesan.

Lightly brush to adjacent sides of the wrapper with water and fold the upper left corner downward, covering the filling, and press to seal on the bottom right corner. Press to seal each of the sides. Repeat with remaining wraps.

Place all 6 filled wraps on a greased wire rack set over a cookie sheet. Coat each in cooking spray or a light brushing of olive oil, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a golden brown.

Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.

Comments

  1. These look good, well, they would if I wasn't so sick. But, I have been trying to find wonton wrappers for a while for a recipe I have - if I ever find them here I'll be sure to use this recipes for my leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and I hope you can eat soon! You should be able to find them in the produce section of the store. I don't know exactly WHY they keep them in the produce section, but apparently that is normal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois