Sand Pudding

(note: lyndsay posted this previously, and allison just made it and got a photo of it, so i moved it to the top of the blog, because the picture is so flippen adorable!)
                              
I found this recipe for Sand Pudding from Ma Nouvelle Mode and couldn't wait to try it, knowing the kids would love it! The perfect opportunity came when Mom and Dad surprised us by coming to town and planned a family dinner last Sunday. My kids are already asking me to make it again! I did buy a sand bucket ($1 at Michael's) and served it out of that - using the shovel as a utensil, too. Really adds to the presentation! I made just a few changes from the original recipe, I will post the recipe as I made it...

Sand Pudding

1 pkg Vanilla Wafers
8 Oreos
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 C Butter, softened
2/3 C powdered sugar
1 small package cheesecake pudding
1 small package white chocolate pudding (I used sugar free and no one complained)
3 C Milk
16 oz Cool Whip, thawed

I used my smaller food processor and filled it with the nilla wafers then added 2 oreos per batch. If using my larger processor I probably could have done it all at once. Either way, crush Oreos and Vanilla Wafers in a food processor. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, add softened butter, and powdered sugar, beat until combined and smooth. Add milk and pudding mixes, beating again until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Layer into buckets with sand, pudding, sand etc. I think I ended up with 4 layers of each.

This does make a large batch (enough for all my family, Danielle's family and Mom and Dad plus enough leftovers for me to enjoy the next day before the kids got home from school!) Feel free to cut it in half for a smaller gathering!!

Comments

  1. I made this for a church party and it was a hit. Though I'm not a huge box pudding fan myself, I thought this was fun to make. The kids loved the idea of it, loved putting it together and thinking we would trick people into thinking we brought sand (they giggled about that all the way to the party) and it was really cute. I also love that it is easy.

    Oh and I also used sugar free stuff and I don't think you can tell. I also realized I didn't buy enough cool whip but it still satisfied all who ate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois