Mushroom, Onion, & Garlic Sauce over Pasta

You put mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a sentence, and I'm there! 
The original recipe called for sage, but I do not have sage. I do however have fresh thyme, and it turned out very yummy! We all enjoyed this dish, and I look forward to making it again since we have a plethora of thyme out there! I truly enjoy cooking with fresh herbs (and any food) straight from your own little garden :) Something about it makes cooking even more peaceful for me.

Mushroom, Onion, & Garlic Sauce over Pasta

1/2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 c. stock
1 1/2 c. cream (I didn't have cream, so I used almond milk, and put in some butter, then a little corn starch at the end)
2 tbsp fresh thyme (dill or sage would be good as well)
S&P

Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until the mushrooms start to golden and the onions are soft.
Add stock, cream, and herbs. Let simmer for 5 minutes and season with s&p. This is where I added a little corn starch to help thicken it up to my liking.
Pour over cooked pasta (al dente of course), mix well, and top with fresh parmesan.

Makes enough for 4

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois