Delicata Squash Fries with Awesome Sauce

 I was surprised when most of the kids really enjoyed this.  I was afraid of the awesome sauce, but when I tried it with the squash, I thought it paired well.  By itself, I thought the sauce strange.  Isla loved the sauce, with or without the squash.  I like that you don't have to peel this squash, the skin was tender enough to eat.  I did peel off some of the bumps.  


Ingredients:

3-4 medium delicata squash (2 pounds)

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


For the awesome sauce / dip

1/2 cup sour cream or crème fraîche

2 tablespoons hot sauce (we used a Mexican hot sauce)

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1/4 garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon dried dill


Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 450.

Wash the squash.  Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.  Slice into half-moons, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.  Place slices in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Bake squash on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes, until slightly browned and tender.

Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients.  Mix well.  


Serve fries warm with dipping sauce.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois