Pesto Cavatappi


courtesy: Noodles & Co.

Every time I went to Noodles & Co. in SLC I ordered Pesto Cavatappi; it's DELICIOUS! I was craving it the other day (sadly we don't have one in Idaho) and I found this recipe online. I made it for dinner last night and it turned out great! At Noodles & Co. you can add Shrimp, Meat, or Chicken if you desire; I like chicken with it.
Pesto Cavatappi
(1 Serving)

1 c. Cavatappi pasta, cooked
1/4 c. Button Mushrooms (I like brown button the best)
2 tbsp. White Wine
2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
2 tbsp. Pesto (see recipe below)
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. Tomatoes, chopped (optional)
1/4 c. Chicken, Shrimp, or Steak (optional)

Add Cavatappi, tomatoes, mushrooms, and chicken, shrimp, or steak (if desired) to a pan and saute with wine; let reduce in the pan. Add cream; let reduce in pan. Remove from heat and add pesto. Stir thoroughly and plate. Top with cheese and serve.

My notes: -The girl who worked there said they add a little Garlic, S&P to the pesto when adding
it to the pan.
- Cavatappi is like 2 macaroni noodels combined, and twisted. I found it at Fred Meyer.
-I like to saute the mushrooms in a little butter before hand.
-Cook the Chicken, Shrimp, or Steak the way you like it. I just cooked my chicken on
the grill after having it set in chicken broth, garlic, and s&p for a bit.
Cook the meats simple whichever you choose; probably just a little s&p on them.

Pesto Sauce:
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 c. Plain Yogurt
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
4 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
2 cloves garlic, minced
S&P to taste
1/2 c. firmly packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 c. firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
Cover and blend until smooth.
Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. Jeff, Rees & I just had this for dinner, and it is good. We didn't have mushrooms, I bet it would be better with, but it was still really good without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we continue to make this on a fairly regular basis, sans chicken and with the mushrooms. be careful if making a lot, the noodles tend to get overcooked in all the extra juice which doesn't seem to happen when I make a smaller amount.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois