Pork and Tomato Ragout

I'm pretty anxious for Autumn, and since we've had a few cooler days, I took advantage and made a stew! This did not come out as red as the photo, which I actually would have liked for pictures sake :) However it still tasted good. I would like to make it again and put some of my own twists in it, but we all enjoyed this and thought it was great for a warm meal.

Pork and Tomato Ragout

2 pounds pork stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons evoo
1 1/4 cups white wine
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup water
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cinnamon stick
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

(I didn't have the cinnamon stick, so I'm not sure how it would taste with that in. Also I just realized while typing this that I DRAINED my tomatoes, and it says not to, so maybe that would have made a difference with it coming out red)

1. Toss pork with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork and brown on all sides. Transfer to crock pot.

2. Add wine to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour into crock pot.

3. Add all remaining ingredients except parsley. Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours or until pork and potatoes are tender. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Adjust seasonings, if desired, sprinkle with parsley.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois