Easy Brioche Loaf

I've heard brioche makes great french toast.  So I needed some for Jeff's birthday, however, I couldn't find brioche anywhere. I then started the search for a recipe, which I found some, but most called for things I don't have, like fresh yeast or time that I did not have.  Finally I found one that would work, and not only would it work, it would be kind of easy because it uses a bread maker!

(original recipe found at group recipes here)
Easy Brioche Loaf

1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Add all the ingredients into bread maker in order as listed above (yeast last).  Set on dough cycle.  (our cycle takes about 90 minutes)

After dough cycle has completed, punch dough down.  Shape dough into a loaf and place in a non-stick 8 1/2 - 9 inch loaf pan.  Cover pan with a towel and let rise for about an hour.   

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Using a sharp knife, score the loaf 3 times, at a slant.  Then another 3 times crossing over the previous slants.

Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until golden.  Remove from the pan and place bread on its side on a cooling rack.  After 5 minutes, switch to other side.  After another 5 minutes, enjoy a slice of bread.


Our review of the recipe:

Really easy recipe.  A plus, my loaf came out beautifully, looked like it came from a bakery. (i didn't get a picture)  When Jeff had his first bite he said something like, 'This is amazing.'  It had a very flaky crust.  It was a soft and airy bread.  I wish we had Nutella because I would bet it would be great on a slice of brioche.  Did it make the best french toast?  Honestly, I didn't notice if it was better due to the brioche or not.  But it did make for a good lunch time sandwich.   

Comments

  1. mmmm, i wish we had a bread maker so i could test this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois