This is a hit in our family. I make chicken for the meat eaters and chickpeas for the non-meat eaters and everyone is happy. I serve this along side a slaw, sliced tomatoes, basmati rice or naan, and Tzatziki. Serves 4 Ingredients: For the Chicken Shawarma 2 T cornstarch 1/2 T salt 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 T cayenne 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon 2 T vegetable oil 1 lb 10 oz boneless chicken thighs, halved For the Garbanzo Beans 2 cans Garbanzo beans, drained 2 T cornstarch 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 T cayenne 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon 2 T vegetable oil Directions : 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan 2. For the chicken, mix together the cornstarch, salt, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne and cinnamon. 3. Put the oil into a bowl, then add the chicken and stir it around. Add the dry spice mix and stir to coat all the chicken pieces well. Layer the pi...
(Picture and recipe from www.alexandracooks.com) We bought a big container of blueberries at Costco last week and had plenty left over from what I got them for. I expected there to be extra, but I also expected Jon and Koen to love having them to snack on. My second expectation didn't turn out. I learned Jon doesn't care for fresh blueberries as a snack and Koen apparently lost interest in them since the last time he had blueberries. So I was grateful to come across this recipe that would allow me to use my extra blueberries and hopefully sweeten them up enough for my boys to enjoy. I pinned this recipe some time ago and it can be found here . We all very much enjoyed it. I didn't have buttermilk so I followed a commenters suggestion of making my own. I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I did put a little bit of lemon juice in there... but no one noticed. I'm sure the zest would be better and more noticeable. I also used regular table salt, but put in just a tad...
On Master Chef this guy made mac and cheese with a crust on top, which I've never had but thought it sounded good. It just so happened that one of my books had a recipe for this so I had to try it! I wasn't paying attention and bought regular cheddar instead of white cheddar, so I'd like to try it again with white. As well as I found a recipe that used potato chips instead of crackers for the crust, so that sounds good for the next time around. Josh really liked this, and I thought it tasted like a grilled cheese sandwich, and turned out really creamy:) Creamy White Mac & Cheese For the topping- 1/2 stick butter (4 T) 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed For the macaroni & cheese- 1/2 lb dry elbow macaroni 1 cup pasta water 2 T butter 2 T all-purpose flour 3/4 c whole milk 3/4 c heavy cream Pinch of nutmeg 2 c white cheddar, shredded 4 oz. cream cheese Preheat oven to 400 degrees; rub inside of four 8 oz baking dishes (or one 2 qt. baking dish) with softened b...
Comments
Post a Comment
what do you think?