Homemade Egg Noodles

Oh how much I love homemade pasta. One day I'll have a Kitchen Aid with all of the awesome pasta attachments and I'll be able to make pastas like penne, macaroni, etc. Until then I will stick with what I can make with my $10 pasta machine from Ross :)

So here is a recipe for Egg Noodles that turned out great for us. Making pasta is a great way to let Abigail help out in the kitchen. She is always wanting to help, but some things can be dangerous, where as this can be fun times. She loves working the pasta machine :)

Egg Noodles

3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
3 tbsp cold water
1 tsp salt
2 c all purpose flour

Place flour in bowl, make a well, and add eggs, water, and salt. Mix together until you've formed a stiff but workable dough. If too stiff, add a little water, but not too much or it can become too soft. I'm sure you've all made pasta, so you know what to do here :)

Let sit for 5 minutes.
You can make it as thin or thick as you like. I went up to setting 5 on my machine, and Josh and I both liked that thickness/thinness for egg noodles.
Place flour on both sides, and let it dry for a bit. This way it does not stick in the next step.
Roll up and slice. You can also roll one side to the half way point, and the other side to the half way point, then slice. This way you get half the length. I think I'll do this next time. Of course you can make them any size you like.
And voila! You can cook immediately, about 8 minutes. Or you can dry them and store them in a tightly covered container. If dried they take about 12 minutes to cook. Just keep checking :)

Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. I'm sure I would have a blast using a pasta machine too! haha It looks likes tons of fun! And yummy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, Abigail's hair is super cute and I just love the picture with her all around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois