Julia Child's Hollandaise Sauce


Oh boy, I've been meaning to post this for a year! I made it last February and loved it so much, I kept using it on anything that made sense to put it on. Delicious! Then pregnancy sickness kicked in and suddenly I couldn't stand the thought of it for some reason. Here we are, a year later, and I finally forced myself to make it again, and wouldn't you know, I loved it ;) So I'm finally posting the recipe. It's very easy, and quick to make. Supposedly it's a copy cat of Julia Child's version.

Hollandaise Sauce

3 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
Pinch of black pepper

In a blender, combine egg yolks, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Set aside. 
In a small saucepan over medium-high, add the butter and heat until foaming.
Blend  the egg yolk mixture at top speed for 2 seconds, then with the blender running, pour in the hot butter in a thin stream. By the time 2/3 of the butter has been added, the sauce will be a thick cream. Continue pouring, but don't pour in the milky residue at the bottom of the pan.
Add more lemon juice if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Makes about 3/4 cup

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois