Pasta Fresca

Alright ladies (and gents if any are reading), Josh liked this recipe, and Abigail did as well (she'll eat just about anything). However, I did not LOVE it. I didn't dislike it, I just felt like it was missing something. I also felt like it had too much of an EVOO flavor, but I think that could be because we have a 'Robust Flavor' olive oil.
So I'm calling on you for any suggestions on how to spice it up? Or let me know of a Pasta Fresca recipe you love. Also, let me know if you like this recipe!

Pasta Fresca

Penne, cooked al dente
2 t Evoo
Roma tomatoes, diced
Red onion, diced or in strips (I'd do strips next time)
Fresh spinach
Fresh parmesan

Fresca Sauce:
1/4 c garlic, minced
2 t salt
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/4 c white cooking wine
1/2 c evoo (Next time I would lessen this to 1/4 c, maybe less)

Place evoo in a hot pan, along with your cooked pasta, tomatoes, onions, and some s&p to taste.
Sear the pasta until hot. Add spinach and 1 oz Fresca sauce.
Toss, serve with parmesan.

Bon Appetite!


Comments

  1. Jeff and I thought the garlic was way too overpowering. However I should note, the kids ate this up and told me over and over it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois