Grilled Veggie Sammys


I saw this recipe, and I wanted to like it.  I wanted Jeff to like it.  And we did!  This is easy and good too.  We ended up making 4 sandwiches using rolls similar in size to hoagie rolls and had plenty of leftover veggies which I used for pizza toppings and that was quite yummy too.  I'm going to make this a regular dinner chez-Thomas.

Grilled Veggie Sammys

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced (it depends how strong of garlic you want)
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 sliced red bell pepper
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
olive oil & veggie oil
kosher salt & pepper

1 french baguette, or some sturdy rolls

Feta or a different mild cheese

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix mayo, garlic and lemon juice.  Set aside.
Combine all veggies on a cookie sheet, drizzle with oils*, salt & pepper.  Toss to coat.  Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and remove from oven.

Turn on broiler. Slice baguette in half length-wise.

Spread mayo mixture on both sides of bread & top with feta.
Place bread in oven for 2 - 4 minutes and remove from oven.  Top one side of bread with grilled veggies and then top with other side of bread.

Enjoy!

*I heard that if you add some oil with a higher burning temp with olive oil, then your olive oil won't burn which has a lower burning temperature than some oils like canola oil.  I've found this to be helpful as I roast veggies in the oven.  But feel free to only use olive oil if you want.

Comments

  1. This sounds delicious! It's too bad Jon doesn't like any of the ingredients with the exception of garlic, salt and pepper. I'll put this on my, "when Jon's out of town" list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois