Cookie Dough for Ice Cream or Snacking



I made this recipe a few weeks ago as an ice cream topping and everyone thought it tastes like regular, yummy cookie dough. It was great that I could partake of some of it too since there are no eggs! (I try not to eat raw eggs while pregnant.) It was also delicious to eat all by itself!

Recipe and photo are found here.

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla and milk. Mix in the flour, salt and chocolate chips until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator or the freezer (I prefer the freezer.)

After I let my dough chill for a while, I tried separating it into bite size pieces. I still kept it in the freezer and liked the consistency it kept. It wasn't too hard and kept it from being too soft.

Comments

  1. Oh, I'm so excited to try this when I am pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made something similar a while ago and felt like it would make a great ice cream filler/topping. but didn't entirely love snacking on it because it was very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed snacking (granted... we probably eat sweet things 10 times as often as you guys do. haha) but we ate just a few small-ball size at a time. It was what was left over from our ice cream mix-in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois