Wheat Thins

Abigail and I just made these and they truly did taste like Wheat Thins! Probably better, though it's been a long time since I've had a boxed Wheat Thin. I only wish I made them thinner, because a few came out softer from being too think. Next time! They are really quick, and super easy. Fun to make with the little ones. Oh, and none of the extra added junk! All real ingredients!

Wheat Thins

1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 c water
1/4 tsp vanilla
additional salt for topping (optional)

Combine flour, sugar, salt and paprika in a medium bowl, or food processor. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix it in thoroughly, you could use your hands as well. Combine water and vanilla, then add to flour mixture, mixing until smooth. It's really an easy dough to work with!

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.

Roll dough out on a floured surface. I personally like them thin and crispy, so about 1/16 inch. Using a pizza cutter, cut into squares, or whatever shape you like!

Place on cookie sheet, and bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Watch them closely, in case yours are a bit thicker or thin. These will stay crisp for several days, and are best stored in an airtight container.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. How funny, I was going to post this today or tomorrow! They are really easy and I always wish I had made more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm... AWESOME! I am excited to try this and Koen will LOVE helping me! :D Glad to know that two of you have already tried and enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois