Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Cilantro Slaw, and Couscous


I am pretty positive these are my absolute favorite taco. Lots of flavor, and tangy...oh the tanginess! mmm, mmm good! If I had to state one negative, it would be the mayo it calls for. But I am wondering if I can just substitute more greek yogurt for it. But since I never really have mayo, I won't allow myself to feel guilty over this scrumdidliumptious meal.
(Please, don't be intimidated by the plethora of ingredients  This dish really does come together in a flash!) 

Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Cilantro Slaw, and Couscous

To make the tilapia:
2 tbsp butter
3 or 4 tilapia fillets
Tomato
Jalepeno
Onion
s&p


Dice up the tomato, onion, and jalepeno, (Use as much as you want). Melt butter in a pan, sprinkle s&p on the fillets, and throw everything into the pan on medium-high. What I do here is flip the fillet, and scrape off the top cooked layer. Then flip, and repeat....hopefully that makes sense.

Warm tortillas
Avocado
Extra cilantro
Chipotle lime sauce

To make the chipotle slaw:
1/2 c. light mayo
1 lime
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce)
1/2 tsp adobo sauce
pinch of salt
1/3 head green cabbage
1/2 head red cabbage
1 cup matchstick (thinly sliced) carrots
fresh cilantro


Add chipotle pepper, a healthy handful of cilantro, and 1/2 tsp adobo sauce into a blender/food processor, and mix until finely chopped. Add yogurt, mayo, vinegar, small pinch of salt, and squeeze of 1 lime. You can add more adobo sauce if you want it spicier.

Then thinly slice the cabbage, mix in the carrots, and pour in the chipotle sauce, and mix. I don't use all of the sauce here. I just eye it, and the save the extra for a condiment to the tacos...because I LOVE it!

To make the couscous:
1 cup couscous
1 1/4 cup water or broth
Seasonings: s&p, chili, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley.
Squeeze of lemon or lime

Bring liquid to boil, along with seasonings and citrus. Once it's boiling, pour in the couscous, cover with lid, and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Yep...it's that easy, my friends.

Okay...so now that everything is made! To make each taco: layer your tilapia mixture, couscous, and slaw on top. Then I like to add a few sprigs of cilantro, a couple slices of avocado, and a drizzle of chipotle sauce. And viola! You have yourself a ridiculously delicious fish taco to feast upon.

Let me know if you try it, and what you think!

Bon Appetite!!

Comments

  1. We didn't make the tilapia but did make the sauce and liked it. I think we will use this in rotation with Kerry's fish taco sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois