Veggie Pasta with Artichokes and Asparagus

Veggie pasta with artichokes and asparagus. If you know anyone that thinks veggies have no flavour - THIS is the recipe to make for them!!
Photo Cred: Amuse Your Bouche
All of us really enjoyed this dish, especially Josh. The only thing I would change is adding more of the vegetables. I also made ours with angel hair pasta, since I didn't have penne, and I felt like something light. I will post the recipe I used, but again, I would use more veggies than listed.

Veggie Pasta with Artichokes and Asparagus

250 g pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
6 stalks asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks (i used more)
2 cloves garlic, minced
50 g sweetcorn kernels
100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
3 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into chunks (note: a lot of jars will contain quartered hearts, in which case you'll need 12 pieces)
S&P
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (I didn't have these, so I used green onion)

Boil the pasta until al dente.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, and add the asparagus, garlic, and corn. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, then turn the heat down a little and add the tomatoes and artichokes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 more minutes, until the tomatoes have begun to break down and the vegetables are all fully heated through. Season to taste, and add the fresh chives.

When the pasta is ready, drain it, and add it to the pan with the vegetables. Mix to combine. If you think it needs it, add a tablespoon or so of the oil from the artichokes. I did add extra, as well as I sprinkled lemon juice over the top, which I definitely suggest.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois