French Grated Carrot Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette


I found this recipe while searching out french meals.  I had a spinach salad with lemon dijon vinaigrette nearly every day while living there, so when I saw the title I was excited to make it. This is a popular salad for children in France, and my girls both really loved it as well. I too thought it was yummy, and plan on adding it to our menu, regularly. It's quick and easy.

French Grated Carrot Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette

1 pound carrots, shredded
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (I happen to use Safflower)
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I would use just olive oil next time, as evoo is a bit strong for me)
1 - 2 tsp honey, to taste (I don't like it too sweet, so I only used one)
Heaping 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley (I used dill, because I did not have parsley, and I'll continue to use dill)
2 finely sliced scallions

Shred your carrots and set to the side. Add the rest of your ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Then add your carrots, toss well. Cover and refrigerate to allow the carrots to really soak up the dressing. 

Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois