Hashbrown Skillet

photocred: lemonsforlulu.com

We made this for "Brinner"tonight, and everyone enjoyed it. I got the recipe from the site listed above, though we omitted the meat addition, and loaded it with more tomatoes, avocado, and some green onion. It was really simple to make, and quite filling. 

Hashbrown Skillet

(I will list the measurements given, but to be honest, I never measure these out.)

1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c diced red bell pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 1/2 c shredded hashbrowns
4 eggs
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
green onion, chopped
2 tbsp cilantro
salsa, optional

Heat up oil in a pan on medium heat. Saute your vegetables until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in your hashbrowns, s&p, and mix, then cook for about 8 minutes until the bottom starts to crisp up. 

Then make wells for your eggs, crack them into the wells, place a lid on top, and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the whites are set. We all personally prefer a runny yolk, 

Once cooked, top with tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, green onion, and salsa if using. You could of course top with some cheese as well.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. Finally made this. I liked it. I didn't add the toppings, and I also ended up stirring the eggs in after they were nearly cooked because my kids don't like a fried or poached egg. One kid hated it (as I assumed she would) but the others liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois