Basic Healthy Cream Sauce


1 cup raw cashews nuts
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
2-3 TBL chicken or faux flavor seasoning (a paste works best)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 TBL cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water (to be added after blending)

 Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for about 2 min. till smooth, not gritty. (I pre chop the nuts with my Pampered Chef hand chopper then add to blender because I don't have a high powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec). Then add the additional 1 1/2 cups water and blend again. *this is a great substitute for cream of mushroom or chicken soup. These are almost entirely of FAT, and the wrong kind of FAT. Even the 98% fat free products are high in FAT.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I was just thinking about recipes I like that call for cream-of-something-or-other soups, and thinking of ideas on how to keep the recipe but lose the canned soup. I'll try this and post my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with what you mean by the faux flavoring seasoning, especially in a paste. Where would I find that at the store? Is it cheap?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois