German Pancakes / Dutch Babies

I've switched this recipe rather than the recipe I got while on the mission.  Note, I often use part whole wheat flour, however, it really is better with simple white flour


1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
dash of tabasco sauce (optional)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)

Place 9x13 dish into oven and preheat to 425.  Blend all the ingredients.  When oven is heated, take out the hot dish and spray with cooking spray.  Pour batter into the pan and bake for about 15 minutes.  If it is flat, let it go a bit longer, it should puff up.  Though I notice that it puffs less the more whole wheat flour I use.

We eat these with Nutella, or lemon and sugar, jam, powder sugar.... I have discovered I really like when I add sliced pears or peaches and bake them into the batter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois