MANDARIN SALAD!


I was given this recipe from Barb Flint. It's one of my favorites. I'm posting it at Meagan's request.

1/2 c. slivered almonds
2 Tabs. + 2 tsp. sugar
1 c. chopped celery
1/3 c. chopped green onion
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
Torn green leafy lettuce (enough to fill a medium-size bowl)

Cook almonds and sugar on medium low heat until almonds are coated and sugar is melted, stirring constantly. Toss lettuce with almonds, vegetables, and oranges. Just before serving, add dressing. Serves approx. 6

DRESSING: 1/4 c. olive or canola oil
2 Tab. sugar
2 Tab. vinegar
1 Tab. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. salt

Comments

  1. I am so excited to make this, it is soooooo yummy! I will post a picture of it for you soon! maybe i can make it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks good, I was going to do a rice salad, but that sounds better, I think I'm going to make it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Meagan for posting the photo for me. Your salad looks delicious. You made it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois