I'm looking for a simple recipie for homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. any ideas? I've googled lots but not impressed.
Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
(Picture and recipe from www.alexandracooks.com) We bought a big container of blueberries at Costco last week and had plenty left over from what I got them for. I expected there to be extra, but I also expected Jon and Koen to love having them to snack on. My second expectation didn't turn out. I learned Jon doesn't care for fresh blueberries as a snack and Koen apparently lost interest in them since the last time he had blueberries. So I was grateful to come across this recipe that would allow me to use my extra blueberries and hopefully sweeten them up enough for my boys to enjoy. I pinned this recipe some time ago and it can be found here . We all very much enjoyed it. I didn't have buttermilk so I followed a commenters suggestion of making my own. I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I did put a little bit of lemon juice in there... but no one noticed. I'm sure the zest would be better and more noticeable. I also used regular table salt, but put in just a tad...
Are you interested in a snow ice cream recipe?
ReplyDeletesure, I'll try it. thanks :)
ReplyDelete