Pear Banana Smoothie

Jeff doesn't care for most berry based smoothies so here was one without berry and we all thought it was good.  There is spinach in here.  You can't taste it, but it does add some nutrition.  My picture doesn't show it well, but it turned out a brighter green; this might become our St Patrick's Day smoothie.



1 fresh pear - pealed and sliced
1 frozen banana - sliced
Handful of fresh spinach
Handful of frozen peach slices (about 6 slices I think)
1/2 cup - 1cup plain yogurt
Milk as needed
1/4 - 1/2 tsp vanilla


Place ingredients in blender and blend.  Add more milk if you find it is too thick.  Enjoy.

Note:  I'm not sure the peaches change the flavor at all, but I like that they help with the frozen texture I like.  You could probably use a different frozen fruit, or even just ice if you want.

Comments

  1. I loooovvvee smoothies around here! Though we are opposite; we don't really like bananas in a smoothies, but love the berries :) One day I hope to own a vitamix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I have so many frozen peach slices in my freezer - I will definitely have to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois