Vegetarian Tacos

Some of you ask me what we eat if we aren't eating meat.  This is something I make if I failed to plan ahead, running short on time or lack desire to cook.  We all seem to enjoy last minute taco nights.  This isn't so much a recipe but more a list of ingredients, decide on quantity based on how much you think your family will want.  There isn't cooking involved which is great on hot days. 

Vegetarian Tacos

Corn tortillas (plan for around 3 per person, you judge)
Chopped or shredded lettuce
Sliced olives
Shredded cheese
Chopped green onions
Chopped fresh tomatoes
Salsa
Hot Sauce
Beans  - I prefer black beans, and I heat mine up tad.
Chopped avocados


I heat up the tortillas and then put everything else in bowls on the table.  Everyone gets to assemble their own tacos, which means the kids usually opt out on beans.


I always serve rice on the side but admit we all chow down on tacos and barely touch the rice.  If we have left overs I make a green salad with them the next day.        


Comments

  1. Or plan for about 7 per person ;) Okay well we try to control ourselves better than that. but tacos are very delicious! especially on corn tortillas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois