Cafe Rio Chicken (slow cooker)

 I have no idea if this tastes like cafe rio chicken, but I know it is an easy recipe when I'm cooking for a group.  I often use it for taco salad.  I'm happy with beans for my protein but I others seem to really like having some meat.  


Ingredients:

2 lbs chicken breasts

8 oz zesty Italian dressing

1/2 T minced or crushed garlic

1 packet ranch dressing

1/2 T chili powder

1/2 T ground cumin

1/2 cup water


Directions

Add chicken to crockpot.  Pour the Italian dressing on top.  Mix the garlic, ranch dressing powder, chili powder, and ground cumin into 1/2 cup water.  Add to the crock pot.  Cook on low for 5 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.

Shred chicken with a fork and you can serve with salad, or as a taco/burrito filling.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Lasagna - Moosewood

Lentil Vegetable Soup

Galette des Rois